Saturday, May 14, 2011

Heidelberg

On Saturday I ventured to Heidelberg with my friends Laura and David.  There are many things to love about Heidelberg.  We hiked in the hills above the city which provided stunning views of the castle and city center.  The weather was beautiful, albeit a bit windy and after the hiked we indulged in some scrumptious ice cream.  Mine was blood orange flavored-delicious.  While the weather and architecture and river in Heidelberg were all excellent the best part of the trip was a piece of playground equipment we happened to find while strolling along the river. 
I have fond memories of playgrounds from my childhood and still spend significant amounts of time on the swing set that still stands in my family’s front yard.  However, we never had anything quite like this…
Please note, in the video you can hear me saying “Oh my God! This is the best thing ever.” And it was.  I imagine that is the closet I will ever come to flying.  Seeing as I am a muggle and therefore am unable to play quidditch-a depressing reality.  On a daily basis I have thought about doing another trip to Heidelberg in order to spend several hours soaring through the air and giggling uncontrollably.  It was magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment